Monday, March 6, 2017

A Train Journey - Dev Log - Part 1

I've been thinking about making short story games lately.

One thing I'd like to do is to set a story on a train, perhaps just in a single train carriage.

So I built a simple scene yesterday to explore this setting.  



Pretty rough'n'ready, but I'm happy with the general vibe.

I was very taken with The Last Express when I played it many years ago, and I like the idea of a story that takes place across country, across borders, with people brought together for different reasons, stuck in one "place" together, with a moving story on wheels.

An old fashioned setting, a lonely yet exciting setting.  We'll see where it goes!




I was a bit inspired by seeing dad's model railway set he's building currently, and also seeing the Puffing Billy steam train zooming through Selby on Sunday.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment