Friday, October 18, 2013

"Lady Lomat's Flute" - A Thief 2 Fan Mission

Thief is one of my favorite game series of all time.

There's a new re-imagining of the game coming soon from Eidos Montreal, and also an unofficial patch for the original games appeared somewhat recently amongst the fan community, improving the game's compatibility with modern computers, and also improving the shadow maps and other tweaks and improvements throughout.


This prompted me to re-visit my old Thief 2 mission I made in 2001, which I'd always wanted to tweak but never found the opportunity.  


I decided to open it up again, and it's provided me much joy to present an updated version of the mission, "Lady Lomat's Flute", now with a great intro movie with illustrations and voice-over by my good friend Brendan Barnett (also a big fan of the original games).


The video below shows a play through of the mission, and contains spoilers, so if you want to play the level yourself, give it a go before watching the video!  (There's a link to the download in the video description on YouTube).



My goal was to build a relatively small level that provided a lot of different possibilities for the player to approach the goal from different angles. The mission allows for sneaking, pick-pocketing, climbing, rope arrows, lots of ways in and out of the house, sword play, chaos, and more.

You can download the mission here!


No comments:

Post a Comment