Thursday, December 6, 2012

Some thoughts on Interactive Fiction (and Inform 7)

I've been thinking about Interactive Fiction since I was very young, even though I didn't really know what it was.  I got hooked on the King's Quest games in 1984 and I was immediately in love with these living story books!

Recently I've started looking into Interactive Fiction, and looking at what tools are out there for making my own.  I found Inform 7, a free application for Mac, Windows and Linux, that let's you write your own games in a package that makes it accessible for non-programmers.  It's a pretty great little program, with good documentation, so I'm hoping to create a project with it in the future.

This has spurred many thoughts about the subject, so I thought I'd make a video about it. Any comments on the topic would be most welcome!  I'd love to check out other people's work, to see what they've done in the genre.  




Hopefully I'll have a work of Interactive Fiction (an Adventure Game!) online at my website at some point in the future.  But it might be a while in the writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment